Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What a great day!

It's gorgeous in the City today. Breezy, sunny, and warm. Good news on the workout front--they've extended Pilates until mid-November, so my Tuesday routine won't be interrupted until it's too cold to be outside. After Pilates, I found a bench on the HighLine and finished Mockingjay, the final book in the Hunger Games trilogy. I'm not sure this is really a series my nephew should be reading, but it's a quick read. After lunch, I wandered a bit and found a parking lot filled with billboard art. Sorry I can't figure out how to rotate the first one; it's my first attempt at adding photos! :)



This afternoon, I took some pages from the New York Blue Guide and checked out Chelsea architecture. There's a spot on 22nd that has rocks sprouting from the concrete. Apparently, it's an art installation called 7,000 Oaks by Joseph Beuys.



Frank Gehry's only completed building in NYC is on 18th and the West Side Highway. (NB 6/30/15: this is no longer the case. His building at 8 Spruce Street has joined the club.)



And there are lovely Greek revival and Italianate houses on 20th Street.



After that, I searched out the Sky Rink, where I intend to go skating if the weather ever cooperates (or doesn't, actually--it seems like a sin to be inside on days like today), and sat in Hudson River Park for awhile. I watched a five-year-old future Eli Manning (since I'm in Giants territory) who reminded me of Evan, playing football with his mother.

Another glorious day in New York...

No comments:

Post a Comment