Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Upper West Side

And this is what it looked like when it was finished...


Columbia University offers free lunchtime concerts four times a year. Today, after Frederick kicked my butt at Pilates, I went up to hear the Voxare Quartet (three of them) with Orion Weiss on piano perform Aaron Copland's Quartet for Piano and Strings. The violist gave us a quick tutorial on the piece before they began, which was helpful. (Note to self: Take a music appreciation class.)



After the concert, I spent a couple of hours walking the 4.7 miles back to our apartment. It was a beautiful day. I stopped by St. John the Divine on the way. Ed and I had visited a year or so ago, but it really is worth seeing again and again. The stained glass windows alone are magnificent.


(The picture of the interior of the church looks like it belongs on the bookshelf that makes up the wallpaper of this blog!)

There's a lot of good shopping up there. (Poor Ed!) I controlled myself today, though, only buying something for my newest niece whose father is coming for a visit this weekend. Back to the Met tomorrow for another art history lecture...

No comments:

Post a Comment