Friday, August 20, 2010

Week one, part two

TGIF! Although I can't believe it's already Friday...

Things I've done this week:
Finished reading Catching Fire (Edward, I'm looking forward to next week, when the final book comes out!)
Took a 3 mile run along the Hudson
Cooked dinner twice (that's a record for one week in NYC)--there are good recipes on the Whole Foods website...
Ate lunch with our niece, Mary Elizabeth, at Fishtail by David Burke
Had dinner and drinks with Beth at 5 Ninth (seeing a friendly face from home was fantastic!!), only to get a call from Ed who'd locked himself out of the building. :)
Went for drinks at the Westside Tavern, and met Justin's wife, Jessie, who recommended I read Thunderstruck
Saw a butterfly in the middle of the city
Had to spend an 45 minutes at the Verizon store, because my phone wouldn't ring when I got an incoming call. All the other sounds worked, but not that one. So no more Jewell email on my phone...

Time to cook dinner...

1 comment:

  1. You are becoming our mother. Every letter I got in college was a list of everything she had eaten since she saw me last. It is funny though, how describing our food tells us more than you might think. Finding the best pastrami sandwich ever means we are in a good place (and I don't mean the actual location). Having lunch with family and friends calls up more than just "saw so and so", ya' know?
    So...I made mom's old yummy coffee cake with the cinnamon, nuts and vanilla pudding with an egg replacer. It was so good. I missed that cake. So what am I saying?

    ReplyDelete